Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Yours, truly - Part 3

Recap: Part 1 Part 2



"I can't believe I got tricked by some cheesy ear whispering and curious to find out who would do that these days. I can't believe I'm actually walking up there. Shreya needs me downstairs and there isn't much time left. Why would he want to meet alone?" She mumbled to herself walking up the stairs to the said corridor he wanted to meet. She had just gotten off the last step and saw him standing there facing away and looking down at the beach by the resort side. Yes, it was a destination wedding by a beach side resort, if that would make it more enriching than one thought it already was.

"Wow! That's quite a view", she exclaimed.

"You're not the first one commenting on my back and shoulder view!" he beamed.

Her eyes narrowed to a line and frustration gushed all over her face breathing out just a "Huh! Seriously?"

"Do that again! You look very cute with that look of yours!"

"So you did want to flirt, as if you didn’t get your share with all the other girls below already!"

"As a matter of fact, it's exactly the opposite. I didn’t want to flirt for once. And when I said you looked cute now, I meant it, not just said it and no it’s just a statement, or a reflection of what I saw and definitely not intended at hinting at you or flirting with you or whatever else you think I might be thinking of. Now what's with our view here?"

Unable to believe what he says and how he looks, at her and in general his looks and talk, she wanted to walk away but clarified "the beach, the beach ofcourse!"

"Ofcourse!" He grabbed her by her hand to his side so he could look her in the eyes and continued "And that's exactly why I wanted to meet here. By the way, I'm Raghav, I lead regional sales at P&K's. I have no siblings, lot of friends - all guys, I swear. Books, movies and parties in that order. Parties to socialize and complete teetotaler otherwise. Love my friends but still on the lookout for new friends. Hence I travel, a lot, with my friends, books and catchup on movies and parties, again in that order. You see where I'm going with this?"

Dropping his warm gripped hands off, breaking the eye lock and suppressing a smirk, with what she wouldn’t consider as a blushing or shyness since she's too uptight and considers herself old enough, "No, I don't!" And she walked off curbing an urge to look back at it him every step she took. She'd watched him from morning. She could sense his eyesight on her from any corner, feel his breath when he was helping her and more importantly she was not a run of the mill girl to not look at the guy every giggling glittering outfit girl was giggling about. She couldn't hold it back any longer and the smirk grew into a sly smile after she got out of his sight but missed concealing it before she entered the bride's room.

"I knew he could break your self-drawn barriers! " Shreya shrieked.

"He has no ulterior motives, wants to be friends and for some reason I think that's not his style and neither is it mine! Tell me again, why you chose this resort with a view for this fancy wedding of yours?"

No comments: